Key Man Insurance Policy Definition
In the case of a life insurance policy it is a term insurance covering the life of the employee.
Key man insurance policy definition. A life insurance policy that a company purchases on a key executive s life. Keyman insurance defined keyman insurance can be defined as an insurance policy where the proposer as well as the premium payer is the employer the life to be insured is that of the same employer s key employee keyman and the benefit in case of a claim goes to the employer. A key man can be anyone directly associated with the business whose loss can cause financial strain to the business. Meaning pronunciation translations and examples.
A key man policy can also be used as an employee benefit since the life insurance policy can be transferred to the executive or insured employee by the company. A keyman insurance policy protects the financial interests of the business if its key employee dies prematurely. In general it has the following features. Key man insurance definition.
The former is also the beneficiary of the policy. Key person insurance also called keyman insurance is an important form of business insurance there is no legal definition of key person insurance. It is also referred to as the key man insurance or key employee. Key man insurance is an insurance policy taken out by a small company on the life of a.
Though the policy cannot replace the loss of skill it can provide the business with the funds to deal with the loss and replace the employee with another. Though key person life insurance premiums aren t tax deductible the proceeds of the policy are usually provided to the company free of income tax. There is no legal definition. An employer takes out an insurance policy insuring against loss of profits arising from the death sickness or injury of a key employee.
In general key man insurance can be described as an insurance policy taken by a business to compensate that business for financial losses arise from the death or. The company is the beneficiary of the plan and pays the insurance policy premiums. In general it can be described as an insurance policy taken out by a business to compensate that business for financial losses that would arise from the death or extended incapacity of an important member of the business. Key person insurance is a life insurance policy taken out by an organization or business on the life of a key executive employee partner or proprietor to protect against the loss of value revenues or profits of the business.
Key man insurance is an important form of business insurance.
- Insurance Companies Holland Mi
- Insurance Agent New Zealand
- Insurance Companies In Nederland Texas
- Insurance Companies Hiring Part Time
- Insurance Companies Homerville Georgia
- House Insurance Flood Zone
- Insurance Adjuster Trainee Jobs Florida
- Insurance Auto Auctions Denver
- Insurance Companies In Chesterfield Virginia
- Insurance Companies In Bristol Uk
- Homeowners Insurance Declaration Page Travelers
- Homeowners Insurance Estimate By Zip Code
- Insurance Broker Salary Range
- Insurance Auto Auctions Denver Co
- Insurance Car Repair Categories
- Insurance Auto Auctions Eugene Or
- Homeowners Insurance Gainesville Fl
- Insurance Agent Insurance Visiting Card Sample
- Insurance Auto Auctions Fees
- Insurance Companies In Baldwin Michigan