Insurance Institute Safety Ratings
The insurance institute for highway safety iihs is an independent nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses deaths injuries and property damage from motor vehicle crashes.
Insurance institute safety ratings. Iihs safety ratings 1. The highway loss data institute hldi shares and supports this mission through scientific studies of insurance data representing the human and economic losses resulting. The insurance institute for highway safety iihs is a u s. The insurance institute for highway safety or iihs was formed in 1959 with and its main aim is to lower the number of motor vehicle accidents as well as the amount of injuries and property damage as a result of the vehicle crashes.
The insurance institute for highway safety a private nonprofit organization funded by automobile insurance companies and insurance associations also tests and rates vehicles. The national highway traffic safety administration s new car assessment program ncap created the 5 star safety ratings program to provide consumers with information about the crash protection and rollover safety of new vehicles beyond what is required by federal law. Our safety score is based on the insurance institute for highway safety crash test ratings and the national highway traffic safety administration safety ratings. The insurance institute for highway safety is based in arlington virginia where it conducts research and prepares reliability ratings for popular passenger vehicles.
3 key findings cyber risks 2019 cyber risks 2019. Our new report analyses the risks in today s market and finds a threat an opportunity and an issue for the industry to address. Car safety ratings for 2018 vehicles. Five stars is the highest.
Nonprofit organization funded by auto insurance companies established in 1959 and headquartered in arlington virginia it works to reduce the number of motor vehicle traffic collisions and the rate of injuries and amount of property damage in the crashes that still occur it carries out research and produces ratings for popular. One star is the lowest rating. Moderate overlap front test results. The iihs rates vehicles good acceptable marginal or poor based on performance in high speed front and side crash tests a rollover test plus evaluations of seat head restraints for protection against.
The highway loss data institute hldi shares and supports this mission through scientific studies of insurance data representing the human and economic losses resulting. We are the insurance information institute. The insurance institute for highway safety provides vehicle ratings each year using high speed front and side crash tests to determine vehicle safety.
- Auto Insurance Companies Jacksonville North Carolina
- Best Healthcare Insurance Companies In Usa
- Car Insurance Reviews Washington State
- Arch Insurance Company Kansas City Mo
- Car Insurance Quotes Online In Michigan
- Average Insurance Cost On A Tesla
- Car Insurance Quotes Ireland
- Biggest Insurance Companies In Ohio
- Auto Insurance Declaration Page Example
- Car Insurance Quotes York Pa
- Best Insurance Companies For Minnesota
- Breast Pump Through Insurance Aetna
- Car Insurance Quotes Wawanesa
- Car Insurance Quotes Washington State
- Best Health Insurance Companies For Young Adults
- Best Insurance Companies For Car
- According To The Insurance Institute For Highway Safety Neck Strains And Sprains
- Average Insurance Rates By Car Model
- Auto Insurance Terms You Should Know
- Arch Insurance Company Kansas City